Press release II Brussels II October 2019
EU-funded CROWDTHERMAL project aims at empowering society to participate in the development of geothermal projects using alternative financing schemes
CROWDTHERMAL is a new project funded under the European Union’s Research and Innovation programme Horizon 2020 (grant agreement n°857830) which aims to empower the European public to directly participate in the development of geothermal projects with the help of alternative financing schemes such as crowdfunding and social engagement tools. The 36-months project has held its kick-off meeting in Brussels, on 23 and 24 September 2019. One of the major drivers of CROWDTHERMAL is to support the EU’s strategic objective to decrease dependence on fossil fuels, to create a stable energy market, and to reduce the environmental impact of its energy supply.
In order to reach this goal, the project aims at:
- Understanding the requirements for social licencing and developing a Social Licence to Operate (SLO) model for the different geothermal technologies and installations,
- Reviewing any successful case studies, as well as national/EU bottlenecks to alternative financing of geothermal energy in all EU countries,
- Formulating new financial models for crowdsourcing on a national and trans-national basis, covering individual member-states and Europe as a whole;
- Developing recommendations for a novel risk mitigation scheme that will be complementing the alternative financing solutions while also protecting private investors’ interests;
- Validating findings with the help of three case studies in Iceland, Hungary and Spain;
- Developing core services for social-media based promotion and alternative financing of geothermal projects, working closely with existing structures & conventional players.
Led by the European Federation of Geologists (EFG), CROWDTHERMAL will be implemented by a consortium of 10 partners from 7 European countries, combining extensive experience in large-scale geothermal project development, alternative finance, social media engagement, innovation, education, and international networking on geothermal energy.
|Project coordinator, European Federation of Geologists (EFG)
Isabel Fernández Fuentes – firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication Manager, European Federation of Geologists (EFG):
Anita Stein – email@example.com
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857830.
Dear CROWDTHERMAL partners and LTPs,
On 7 April 2022, the project is organising its first international conference in a hybrid format, in Madrid and online. This event will offer the occasion to introduce the set of CROWDTHERMAL services for community-funded geothermal projects.
You can find all event information here: https://bit.ly/3HRuApo
We kindly ask you to support the promotion of this event. For this purpose, please:
- Share the related social media posts:
- Distribute the first email circular, see here: https://bit.ly/3oTCGGu
NEWS (14-04-2022) – Press release: CROWDTHERMAL introduces its services for community-financed geothermal projects ——->View in browser
NEWS (28-06-2022) ——-> View in browser
NEWS (04-07-2022) ——-> View in browser
NEWS (05-09-2022) ——-> View in browser
NEWS (15-09-2022) ——-> View in browser
NEWS (10-10-2022) ——-> View in browser
NEWS (04-11-2022) ——-> View in browser
NEWS (09-03-2023) ——-> Documents / Video