13th Workshop on Alpine Geological Studies ~ First Circular
Dear colleagues and friends,
I am pleased to inform you that the 13th Émile Argand Alpine Workshop will be held in Serbia, on Zlatibor Mts, from September 7th to 18th 2017. It is organized by the University of Belgrade - Faculty of Mining and Geology, the Serbian Geological Society and the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
The Workshop will include:
Pre-meeting excursions: September 7 – 12, 2017
A1 trip - Triassic-Jurassic geodynamic history of the Dinaridic Ophiolite Belt (Inner Dinarides, SW Serbia)
B1 trip - Evolution of Neogene Intramontane Basins in Serbia
C1 trip - Ophiolites and “ophiolites” of Macedonia (FYROM)
Plenary Sessions: September 13 – 15, 2017
Post-meeting excursions: September 16 – 18, 2017
A2 trip - Three ophiolitic belts - one ocean?
The preliminary scientific program sessions are:
1. Collision and postcollision geodynamics in Alpine-type orogens
2. Ophiolite related processes in the Alps: rifting, subduction, magmatism, accretion...
3. Margin and ocean: Triassic-Neogene tectonostratigraphy and tectonomagmatic response to the Alpine Carpathian Dinaride orogenesis
4. Late alpine, active tectonics and surface processes
5. Geophysical imagery of mountain belts: from the deep mantle to the surface
6. Stratigraphy and facies
7. Open ThemeAll detailed information will be available very soon. The official 13th Alpine Workshop webpage is ready,
The official 13th Alpine Workshop webpage is: http://alpshop2017-serbia.rgf.bg.ac.rs
Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information or suggestions.
Kristina Šarić, Technical Secretary
Phone and fax number: +381 11 2630020